Take an adventure across the spine of the Andes, through the heart of Argentina. The northwest region houses some of Argentina’s most inspiring scenery from colourful mountains and barren salt plains, to spectacular gorges and lunar landscapes. Woven into this tapestry is a strong cultural and gastronomic presence; discover the indigenous heritage still found in the Andean region, manifested in the art, weavings and lifestyle of the locals, and taste authentic Argentinian Malbec in one of the many vineyards. The city of Buenos Aires is a wonderful end to the trip.
Please note that the 2019 itinerary has changed. Download the trip notes for your preferred departure date for the correct itinerary.
- Winetasting – Taste the specialties in vineyards around Mendoza and Cafayate, famous for their Malbec and Torrontes wines
- Landscapes – Journey from arid cacti-strewn deserts to rich fertile forests and snowcapped mountains
- Salt flats – Walk on Purmamarca’s blindingly white salt plains
- Humahuaca – Explore the immense gorge and ‘seven coloured mountain’
- Contrasts – Discover the indigenous Andes and cosmopolitan Buenos Aires